Colin Salmon (Die Another Day, Resident Evil) and Antonia Thomas (Misfits, The Deep) have been confirmed to guest star in the second series of The Musketeers on BBC One.
Colin will play Tariq, a mysterious interloper on the run from Spain, and Antonia will play his daughter Samara, a gutsy and resilient young woman whose life is put in danger when her father is exiled.
Executive producers, Adrian Hodges and Jessica Pope, said: “We’re excited to welcome an actor of Colin’s reputation to The Musketeers. He will bring wonderful charisma and sense of mystery to the role.
“We’ve also been aware for some time of Antonia’s wonderful work in films and TV series such as Sunshine On Leith and Misfits, among numerous others. She brings such intelligence and vibrancy to every role she plays and we are thrilled to have her as Samara.”
This episode is written by Lucy Catherine and Adrian Hodges and directed by Mark Jobst.
The first trailer for Scintilla was released not too long ago and features several scenes with Antonia. Check it out!
Check out this great portrait photo of Antonia taken during the 2013 Toronto International Film Festival for Sunshine On Leith.
Check out this great review Screen Daily did for 8 Minutes Idle. I’ve included the part where they talk about Antonia.
An engagingly offbeat comedy, the Bristol-set 8 Minutes Idle – shot in 2012 but only just getting a UK release thanks to a kickstarter campaign – is a scattershot low-budget affair, blending quirky dark humour with old-fashioned office romance. A talented young cast help give it life though its challenge is finding a local audience to embrace its wry humour.
Casting of Tom Hughes (from Cemetery Man) and Ophelia Lovibond (No Strings Attached, Mr Popper’s Penguins) as the ‘will-they-won’t-they’ love interest as well as a nicely feisty supporting stint from Antonia Thomas (who is attracting attention after her role in Sunshine On Leith) could well help international – and further festival – profile, though buyers will have to be into quirky British humour to get how to pitch the film.
Starring in the Scottish answer to Mamma Mia!, ANTONIA THOMAS’s breakthrough film role sees her singing and dancing her way through Proclaimers hits on the streets of Edinburgh. Well that’s one way to get a girl noticed…
As she scampers across the foyer at the National Theatre, apologising for being a few minutes late, you wouldn’t peg Antonia Thomas as cinema’s next big thing. Closer up it’s different: sumptuous hazel eyes with an energy and charisma that are made for the camera. But she comes with no airs or graces whatsoever. She grabs a cup of tea (‘gotta be earl grey’) and a baguette, plonks herself down at the café table we’re sharing, and starts enthusing about the play she’s rehearsing.
It’s all very low key, yet with one film already out this year (the Stone Roses homage Spike Island), two more to come and a further two due for release in early 2014, the girl sitting opposite me in a baggy brown jumper, jeans and Converse is a star in the making.
Antonia was recently interviewed by Moviescope Magazine and you can check out her interview with them below!
Best known for playing Alisha in the award-winning TV series Misfits, this year Antonia will take the lead, alongside Steve Coogan, in 1970s music drama Northern Soul (due for release in the Autumn),and will also be seen in Dexter Fletcher’s Sunshine on Leith (due in cinemas on October 4). Antonia also had a role in the recent Spike Island, and has recently finished filming London comedy Hello Carter and science fiction thriller Scintilla.
What training have you received?
At 14 I joined the National Youth Music Theatre, later became a member of the National Youth Theatre as well. With both youth companies I performed to paying audiences in Japan and at the Edinburgh festival, the Royal Opera House and the Soho Theatre, amongst others. It was an invaluable part of my training, and the closest I could have got to a professional experience without already being a professional actor.
At 19 I went to the Bristol Old Vic Theatre School and did a three year BA course in acting. It was a steep and exciting learning curve; I took so much from it and I got an especially brilliant classical basis to my training that has, so far, stood me in good stead.
Antonia Thomas stars in Home at The Shed at the National Theatre.
Home is a verbatim piece set in an East London hostel. Through music, rap and beat boxing, the staff and the young, homeless residents communicate their feelings of what it really means to have somewhere to call home.
Antonia’s recent credits include feature films Sunshine on Leith, Northern Soul, Scintilla, Rearview and Spike Island and television projects Fleming and Homefront.
The play has been devised and directed by Nadia Fall whose recent projects include the critically acclaimed Disgraced at the Bush Theatre.
Home runs at the National Theatre Shed from 7 August – 7 September. For tickets visit the website here.
Big thanks to Ray (http://simplygillian.com/), a whole bunch photos from the gallery have been replaced with HQ versions. Enjoy!
- Appearances > 2013 > BAFTA Craft Awards – Arrivals
- Appearances > 2013 > Collabor8te Connected by NOKIA Premiere
- Appearances > 2013 > InStyle Best Of British Talent Party – Arrivals
- Appearances > 2013 > Burberry Acoustic Presents Jake Bugg Live At 121 Regent Street, London
- Appearances > 2012 > 56th BFI London Film Festival: Spike Island
- Appearances > 2012 > Shame – Gala Screening
- Appearances > 2012 > TOD’s And Annabel’s With Diego Bivero-Volpe Co-Host An Evening To Celebrate Vogue Fashion’s Night Out
- Appearances > 2012 > The Vogue Festival 2012 in association with VERTU – Cocktail Party
- Appearances > 2012 > EA7 Emporio Armani Summer Garden Live Presents Summer Of Sport – Inside
- Appearances > 2012 > Arqiva British Academy Television Awards – Nominees Party
- Appearances > 2011 > Philips British Academy Television and British Academy Television Craft Awards – Nominees Party
- Appearances > 2011 > Wild Bill – Premiere:55th BFI London Film Festival
- Appearances > 2011 > South Bank Sky Arts Awards – Arrivals
- Appearances > 2011 > Philips British Academy Television Awards – Inside Arrivals
- Appearances > 2010 > Miu Miu – Store Launch
- Appearances > 2010 > Philips British Academy Television Awards (BAFTA) – After Party
- Appearances > 2010 > Philips British Academy Television Awards (BAFTA) – Arrivals
- Appearances > 2010 > SpongeBob FancyPants Charity Auction – Launch Party Arrivals